October Reads

novembro 03, 2016


Durante o mês de Outubro comecei 10 livros e acabei 7 deles! Diria que foi um bom mês de leituras! E vocês o que leram?

During the month of October I started to read 10 books and I finished 7 of them! I would say that it was a good month to read! What about you, what did you read?

1) The Woman in Black de Susan Hill

Goodreads | ****
Opinião em vídeo, juntamente com opinião sobre o filme.
(I made a opinion video about it. Only in portuguese, sorry. I liked the books. It's written like it was written in the Victorian era. I also enjoyed the movie. Although they change so many things that I can't say that it was a movie adaptation. The movie was loosely inspired by the book).

2) Matilda de Mary Shelley (conto)

Goodreads | ****
Opinião em vídeo
Another one that I made an opinion video. This is a very short story, written in a very Victorian style. It's a true portrait of the literature of that time. Very passionate and with a lot of suffering for the characters. 

3) The Fall (The Strain #2) de Guillermo del Toro e Chuck Hogan

Goodreads | *****
Estou a adorar esta trilogia, mas não quero falar muito sobre ela antes de a acabar.
I'm loving this trilogy, but I don't want to speak to much about it before I end it.

4) O Gato Preto de Edgar Allan Poe (conto)

Goodreads | ****
Este livro contém dois contos - O Gato Preto e A Queda da Casa de Usher.
Gostei muito da escrita do Edgar Alan Poe. Não gostei tanto do segundo conto, mas penso que tenha sido porque não estava preparada para o ler.
First time reading Edgar Alan Poe. I enjoy his writing a lot. First short story was The Black Cat and the second was The Fall of the House of Usher. I liked more the first one, but that was mainly because I wasn't ready to read the second.

5) Harrow County vol.3 Snake Doctor
Goodreads | *****
Já tinha saudades de ler banda desenhada. E esta até agora têm sido fantástica!
This is a graphic novel, and I'm loving it!

6) O Cocheiro da Morte de Selma Lagerlöf (conto)

Goodreads | *****
Quando comprei este livro (à vários anos atrás) comprei pela capa e pelo nome. Sinceramente não sabia grande coisa nem sobre a autora, nem sobre os conteúdos do livro.
Quando comecei a ler descobri que a autora foi a primeira mulher a ganhar o Prémio Nobel da Literatura (no início do séc. XX). Apercebi-me também que era um livro de contos, e que a maioria dos contos da autora são muito inspirados pelo folklore local. Adorei o livro e fiquei com imensa vontade de procurar mais da autora.
Many years ago I bought this books because of the cover and the name. I had no clue what it was about or who was the author.
When I started to read I discovered that she was the first woman winning the Literature Nobel Prize (in the beginning of the 20th century). I also realised it was a short-stories books, and that most of these were inspired by local folklore. I loved the book and I'm looking forward to read more from this author.

    O Cocheiro da Morte
    A Lenda de Santa-Lúcia de Selma Lagerlöf (conto)
   O tocador de violino de Selma Lagerlöf (conto)
   Sigrid, a Soberba de Selma Lagerlöf (conto)
   A saga de Reor de Selma Lagerlöf (conto)
   A velha Agneta de Selma Lagerlöf (conto)
   O «Tomte» de Toreby de Selma Lagerlöf (conto)
   O caminho entre o céu e a terra de Selma Lagerlöf (conto)

7) Firestarter de Stephen King
Goodreads | ****
Chegou a uma certa altura do mês em que comecei a ficar com saudades de ler Stephen King. (ou era Stephen King ou era ler um policial. SK ganhou!).
Quero fazer uma opinião mais detalhada do livro, mas vou esperar para ver o filme para o fazer.
At a certain time of the month I started to miss Stephen King writing. (well it was either SK or read a crime/thriller. SK won!).
I will make a more detailed opinion about it, has soon as I watch the movie adaptation.

Livros que não terminei este mês (mas espero acabar brevemente) / Books I didn't finish (but I'm hoping to finish soon)
The Lottery and Other Stories da Shirley Jackson
The Witching Hour de Anne Rice
Let the Right One In de by John Ajvide Lindqvist

E claro o já vídeo da praxe das leituras do mês (and this is the wrap of the readings of the month. Portuguese only).

You Might Also Like

0 comentários

Pesquisar neste blogue

Seguidores

© a outra mafalda 2013 - 2017. Com tecnologia do Blogger.